Microchipping Your Pet
- All microchipped pets are registered with Petlog for life.
- Petlog is the UK''s largest pet reunification service
- Petlog supports the details of over 3.7 million pets and their owners
- Petlog manage and operate the 24/7 central reunification service
- Millions of owners trust Petlog
- Petlog is owned and managed by the Kennel Club
- In 2008, Petlog registered over 500,000 pets on the database and add over 40,000 each month
- In 2008, the Petlog aftercare service line answered over 107,000 calls
- In 2008 the 24/7 central reunification line answered over 97,000 calls in relation to lost and found pets
- The Petlog Team works in partnership with the industry to help assist with special reunification cases
The dog or cat should feel no more discomfort from a microchip implant than from a conventional injection. Microchipping uses Radio Frequency (RFID) technology and cannot be tampered with, fade or be removed. The chip is deposited into the fatty area between the shoulder blades. The needle houses the microchip and is therefore larger than a conventional needle, however, a clever design allows it to incise the skin easily with little discomfort.
Microchipping can be carried out at Willowbank during your cats stay or can be a booked visit for non-boarding cats or dogs.
For groups of animals such as litters of puppies or kittens we can visit your premises to microchip them. (Within a reasonable distance of IP29) Discount available for litters of 4 or more.
For events such as dog or cat shows our trade stand can offer an on the spot microchipping service.
If you would like to book any of the above services, please call us on 01284 810372 or email email@example.com
Unfortunately we are unable to microchip horses. This must be done by your veterinary surgeon.